Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring is in the air!

     The weather has finally warmed up and days seem to be getting longer so that means it's crawfish season! Next week I will look forward to the pharmacology department annual crawfish boil and this Friday, Good Friday, my family will be boiling close to 300 lbs of crawfish. This has been a tradition in my family as far back as I can remember and it should be a wonderful time. Besides all the crawfish boils, many other festivals are occurring throughout the city in the upcoming months like the one and only Jazz Fest or the French Quarter Festival where you eat till your hearts desire. All this celebration is granted due to the fact that we just finished are shelf exam and deserve a little down time to unwind and live life like everyone else seems to be doing now a days except me. This doesn't mean its time to let loose completely because we still have a month left of school which entitles a few presentations and one more test in cell control. But in general, this year has pretty much come to a close relating to course material.

     For my classmates and I, most of our time is filled thinking of plans for the next year and where we may be working. My plans after graduation are a little foggy and mostly shadowed by the fact of the impending MCAT that I will be taking in the summer. Luckily with all this extra free time next month I will be sure to kick back into gear volunteering with Habitat and at the hospital.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment