Thursday, April 30, 2015

The End of the Road

Total Spring Semester Hours: 55
Total April Hours: 16

    We have reached the end of the semester and it's a little bitter sweat. Many classmates are packing their things and heading back home and others are staying in the city. For me, I will be spending most of my time, if not all, studying for the MCAT this summer. I will continue living in New Orleans the city I was born and raised.

    This month I volunteered with the Habitat team in two locations throughout the city. The first location in Gentilly I was working with a team of volunteers from New York in framing staircases and nailing down outer walls to the structure. A week later Chad and I helped with constructing a chain-link fence in New Orleans East with a high school group from Connecticut. I have much respect for volunteers coming to our city from out of state especially during their vacation to help and rebuild the city and provide housing for less fortunate Americans. I wish to continue volunteering with Habitat and rebuilding the city I grew up in.

    In my conclusion I would like to thank all the faculty and staff that have been so helpful with everything. I also would like to thank my fellow classmates and wish to continue the friendships I have made. From the start of this program I have grown so much and can honestly say I have not one single regret. Goodbye my friends! 

Gentilly Build
 
Framing the Porch
  
Chain-linked Fence Build

No comments:

Post a Comment